Welcome Students! You can find information about getting started with your courses from the following links. Note that you’ll find detailed information (office hours, assignment deadlines, and so forth) in the Syllabus in our Desire2Learn website–which enrolled students will have access to the day before the semester begins.
- English Writing 102: Proficient Writing
- English Writing 103: Practical Communication
- English Writing 300: College Composition
- English Writing 302: Advanced Composition and Critical Thinking
- English Writing 342: Introduction to Technical and Professional Communication
- English Writing 344: Technical and Professional Communication/Writing Reports
- English Writing 348: Technical and Professional Communication/Plain English
- English Writing 350: Technical and Professional Communication/Writing Proposals
- English Writing 352: Technical and Professional Communication/Writing Technical Manuals
- English Writing 353: Technical and Professional Communication/Developing Online Help Systems
Visit the wiki developed by my Fall 2012 Online Help Development Class–great job!:
My background includes ten years as a Technical Writer and Instructional Designer for software and hardware companies, followed by eight years as an Adjunct English and Technical Communications Professor.
My special interestes are critical thinking and online teaching.
I earned my B.A. and M.A. degrees in English with a concentration in Pedagogy from Sacramento State University. My Master’s Project was “Teaching Critical Thinking Skills in Business Writing Classes.”