I am a college English instructor who teaches a variety of writing courses in online and campus settings. This website is for prospective online students to learn about my classes and writing experience.
This website is also the place to go if our college system ever goes offline for an extended period of time. Check here for instructions and to continue with the course.
Explore the following links to learn more about what it is like to take my online courses:
- My Online Teaching Philosophy
- Are Online Classes Right for You?
- Course Materials
- The First Week
- Course Design
- Special Accommodations
- Emergency Plan
- Communicating with Me
- Online Office Hours
Check out the following pages for help with writing and using technology tools.
The following links provide a syllabus or overview document for each of my courses. Please note that I make course revisions each semester, so be sure to follow the syllabus that I will provide inside our course website.
American River College
- English Writing 300: College Composition
- English Writing 302: Advanced Composition and Critical Thinking
- Technical Communication 300: Introduction to Technical/Professional Communication
- Technical Communication 310: Writing Reports
- Technical Communication 315: Plain English
- Technical Communication 320:Proposal Writing
- Technical Communication 330: Writing Technical Manuals
- Technical Communication 340: Developing Help Systems
Visit the wiki developed by the students in my Fall 2012 Developing Help Systems class–great job!: